At BACE we believe that effective Contract Administration is the key to the successful completion of projects.
Our role is significant for the delivery of the project as we are the interface between you the Client and the Contractor. Either as Contract Administrator or Employer’s Agent, we’re able to consistently interpret contracts, advise on your contractual entitlements and manage contract obligations and procedures, issuing the relevant certificates, instructions and notices stipulated within the contract.
We pride ourselves on the ability to build good team relationships, but understand that from time to time differences of opinion do arise on construction projects. Our attitude is to mitigate escalation of disputes by continuous communication and proactive early engagement to find the resolution.
We manage various forms of construction contracts with balance, integrity and transparency and our approach encompasses the traditional skills of the Quantity Surveyor with the hands-on tactic that lies behind all our services.
Our extensive knowledge and experience in Contract Administration enables us to offer this role as part of our service, either on a stand-alone basis or incorporated in conjunction with our other services.
Our Contract Administration services include
- Administrating change control procedures.
- Issuing contract instructions such as variations, or relating to provisional sums, prime cost sums or making good defects.
- Chairing construction progress meetings.
- Preparing and issuing periodic reports on programme, cost and risk
- Co-ordinating and instructing site inspectors.
- Considering claims and advising on contractual entitlements.
- Agreeing commissioning and testing procedures.
- Agreeing defects reporting procedures.
- Issuing certificates of practical completion and interim certificates.
- Collating and issuing schedules of defects.
- Issuing the certificate of making good defects.
- Issuing the final certificate.