BACE work in collaboration with Developers to provide a project management “plus” service which is individually tailored to meet the Client’s specific business needs. We work with a wide variety of Developers, from experienced with established in-house teams to individuals embarking on their first development within the residential and commercial sector. We focus on increasing return and reducing risk and have been instrumental in assisting Clients in increasing their GDV and reducing construction costs through various methods including repeat negotiation and the use of modern methods of construction.
Our Development Management service is a cross fertilisation of our expertise in Cost Management, Contract Administration and Project Monitoring which enables us, through our vast experience and established processes, to provide a skilled oversite of all phases of the development process, from initial appraisals to project closeout.
Our services include:
- Extensive due diligence process in assessing the viability of the proposed scheme “stress testing of appraisals”.
- Compilation and management of development constraints to mitigate third party risk
- Preparation of the design brief, budget and project programme
- Preparation of scope of services and appointment of the design team
- Co-ordination of key stakeholder engagement
- Co-ordination of the professional team during design development through to planning and project closeout
- Advising and management on the procurement strategy and securing building contractor(s)
- Liaison with client solicitors re contract amendments, warranties and appointments
- Management of the construction and delivery phase (full Cost Management and Contract Administration/Employer’s Agent services)
- Liaison with Developer’s marketing team as appropriate
- Liaison with Developer’s funders as appropriate